Thursday, February 7, 2008

Damn, that's a sweet dragon.

I found these posters while looking for some graphic art prompts. Absolutely fantastic. I would go see every one of these guys . . . except the Floyds.

The biggest difference between graphic art of the Victorian era and today is not merely the brilliant advent of photoshop, it's the mistakes. The old stuff had gorgeous mistakes which do not happen in computer controlled artistic rendering. Look at the way the letters are not base aligned and how they're all weighted differently. Not because the artist wanted them to be, but because the artist was eyeballing the whole thing and didn't have an intel processor equipped Mac that could kern ligatures to the nanometer.

And look at that frikking dragon. Damn, that's a sweet dragon.

You can see the rest of the collection here.

Please save me: my children are trying to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment