Friday, April 25, 2008

TAG! I'm it.


I HAVE BEEN "tagged" by Femminismo, and since I'm now "it" this is what happens:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Here are seven random facts about me:
1. I hate it when I get tagged by other bloggers because I'm essentially lazy and anti-social which bodes poorly for social marketing and it makes me feel guilty when I don't do it. Plus, it's kind of like a 21st century chain letter.
2. I talk to myself when I drive. I used to devise insanely complicated schemes to mask this behavior but since cell phones and Bluetooth I don't care anymore and flagrantly chatter away behind the wheel having imaginary conversations with Mark Twain and Faulkner which ought to remain inside my skull. Gives ex-temporaneous a whole new meaning.
3. I always do the math of people's names in my head to figure out if there's some kind of hidden meaning that might explain why they're so weird. I also check the gematria of every character in every story I write--fiction and none--for the same reason and if the math adds up to traits not viable with their story, I change their name.
4. I am a fantastic and highly prized procrastinator having devote my ENTIRE life in pursuit of . . .
5. I try to write about three things in fiction: 1) what I'm most scared of; 2) the balance of stock characters and situations against their direct opposite; 3) the South.
6. I belong to a secret society called the [DELETED--FBI].
7. I remain deeply angry with my younger self for foregoing college with such capricious disregard yet NOT getting stoned in Nepal.
I am tagging these seven lucky people:

Dooce

Dave

Sheri

This guy

My Favorite Waiter

A Freelance Writer Who is Good

League of Reluctant Adults

Please save me: my children are trying to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment